Volunteers are an essential asset to the Hawke’s Bay Rescue Helicopter Trust, and we are always looking for willing people to help us achieve our aims! You don’t need any previous experience to volunteer with the Trust - a willing heart, enthusiasm and a ‘can do’ attitude are much more important to us.
Why volunteer with the Rescue Helicopter?
Volunteering is a great way to give back to your community, looks great on your CV and in addition can help you;
- Build social networks by making new friends
- Increase self-confidence
- Gain new skills and valuable experience
What roles are available?
We are currently looking for volunteers who can help us three key areas:
- Event volunteering: Help to make a difference by volunteering at one of our events. Our volunteers play a vital role in making events a success by promoting events locally, helping to serve refreshments, or forming a cheer squad.
- Community Fundraising: Support the Rescue Helicopter by helping us to organise social events, such as coffee mornings, afternoon teas, collection days, or sausage sizzles. We’ll provide you with training and advice, and every dollar you raise will enable us to continue our vital services.
- Administrative Support: Work alongside our staff providing administrative support on a wide range of tasks – answering and making telephone calls, editing photographs or film, inputting data, or helping with mail outs.
However, if there are other ways you’d like to help us simply state this in your form or give us a call to tell us about how you might be able to help. We are very open to new ideas.
How to apply
To join the team as a volunteer simply download and return our volunteer application form, or contact Laura on 06 878 1630 or email email@example.com